Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Career Goals

I NEED TO CHANGE THIS...
Upon completion of a Master’s Degree and a Dietetic Internship program, I plan to become a Registered Dietitian. My experience in working and networking with Doctors who practice natural medicine and the concept of nutritional healing has been life-changing for me. I hope to have completed the courses for the Doctor of Naturopathy program I am currently enrolled in just before I finish my MS and Internship program. I hope to combine the knowledge from both areas of study and join the Doctors I have worked with, or others that practice natural medicine as they do, and help people get well and learn how to develop a healthy lifestyle. I have also had many opportunities over the last few years to work with children and, as my minor implies, am very concerned with the health of children and adolescents. I plan to take with me the habits of nutrition education for children I developed as a college student in an effort to prevent the increasing number of obese children and stress the importance of taking care of the bodies we were given.